Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Holiday...Holiday...Holiday

Gratuitous Picture of the Magnificent Jacqueline Pearce and The Patient Centurion

Just as things were getting exciting. I know. Just call me Michael Grade.

Anyway this is just a quick update to let my loyal reader(s) know that there will be a short intermission so I can take a well-earned holiday. That's from my proper work btw not from Big Finish.

The original plan was to listen to 'Terra Firm' today and then - as I'm away - pick up again on Monday 30th July. But then I realised that as 'The Next Life' was the end of The Divergent Universe cycle it was more natural to stop here. So I have done.

Next up, after four days in Ely and Cambridge for the Folk Festival, will be 'Terra Firma' on 30th July.

I hope you've enjoyed the blog so far.

On the Doctor Who news front it looks like Season 7 will start in August/September with 'Asylum of the Daleks'. I'm looking forward to seeing Matt Smith's Doctor again. The Ponds will bow out and their replacement - whose name I may or may not know or may or may not have been made public - will join up at the Christmas special. So all of that should be fun.

We're also approaching, slowly but surely, the 50th Anniversary and things maybe afoot to celebrate. I've run through all my wishful thinking and narrowed it down to two. So if Uncle Moff is listening I have been a good boy this year.

1: Ian Chesterton
2: Paul McGann

Everything else will be a bonus.

Why those two? Well, Ian was an exceptional and under-rated companion. Bringing him back is easier than bringing back Susan as he comes with less relativity problems and links the whole history of the series together rather sweetly. And if we're going to have a multi-Doctor story let's have the Eighth Doctor. McGann's surely earnt the right to a proper follow-up appearance. You know it makes sense. Well, it doesn't but it would be fun.

There are a million other things that would be great but you know I think I'd be content with those two.

See you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment