Wednesday, August 10, 2016

It's Been a While



Well...hello.

It's been a while since I updated this blog - or its little brother The Audio Centurion. It's been eight months. EIGHT BLOODY MONTHS since we left off at The Dalek's Master Plan.

I'd like to pretend that there were terrible reasons for that: too much work or some debilitating (but harmless) illness. Alas I can only come clean and admit to be lazy and distracted with my attention elsewhere.

However I'm back.

Long term readers of this blog - if there are any of you left - will have remembered that my individual story blogs only started once I'd reached Season 8.  So the plan still remains that I will, firstly, close the gap between where we are now - The Dalek's Master Plan - and Inferno. Once that's done I'll blog the Capaldi era. The plan is to get all that done in time for the next bit of 'new' Doctor Who, which will be the - as yet unnamed - 2016 Christmas Special.

Then the new Capaldi season - whenever that appears in 2017 - will be blog as soon as possible after the episodes have gone out. Or at least when I've seen them as I can't always promise to be home in time.

Also we're approaching the 30th Anniversary of The Trial of a Time Lord so I'm going to re-watch that and re-visit my blog. The plan - as it now stands - is to watch each episode at some point on the day they were broadcast but thirty years later (obviously) starting on 6th September 2016 and finishing - with luck and a good wind - on 6th December 2016. I may, if inclined, live tweet the re-watch. But we'll believe this when we see it.

After that the focus will shift to The Audio Centurion and we'll get back on track with the Big Finish listen. Currently there we left the Main Range at Project Twilight, which is the 23rd release in a main range that is now reached 215 so that'll take a while. Although you'll find reviews of all the McGann Big Finish stories (up to Dark Eyes 2) tucked away either here or in The Audio Centurion should you be so inclined. I'm going to migrate those in this blog across to The Audio Centurion as and when I can be bothered or have the energy.

That should keep me occupied for a while.

I'm also planning to pop in the occassional book review too. I'm currently re-reading the first of the Virgin New Adventures: Timewyrm-Gensys and a review should go up before the end of August. If I can be bothered etc. There may also be the other odd review of books as and when I find something suitable.

So there you go. The plan.

Burns pointed out that the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray and as these aren't even the best laid plans of either man or mouse let's see how it pans out shall we.

And if you're still reading this, "Be seeing you."

No comments:

Post a Comment